Online Courses in Tender Preparation
A Highly Cost-effective solution to the problem of understanding and keeping up with current requirements for tender preparation and other apsect of tendering.
Do you want training in aspects of tendering and procurement for you and/or your colleagues, but time pressures mean that you are unable to attend face to face courses? Then the unique webinar style of online courses for health, medical and social care providers which TfC has pioneered over the past two years could help.
From the comfort of your desk, or even from home; provided that you have access to a desk or laptop computer and a telephone landline, you can benefit from these intesnive sessions which are available to cover aspects of tendering especially tender preparation.
These courses feature:
- Limited "downtime" away from the office or other base;
- No travel or O/N costs so contributes towards environmental priorities and management which can be quoted in tenders;
- Arranged in two or three sessions of 60 to 90 minutes at times to suit you;
- Effective learning featuring actual examples of good practice;
- Small groups (maximum eight peopple) ensures full participation by everyone.
How does it work?
We use a proven system of "remote working". This enables course participants to look at TfC's computer screen on their own computers. This is teamed with telephone conferencing. By this means groups of participants situated in different offices, various parts of the country, or even in other countries (In September we delivered an online training course from Big Bear Lake in California to participants located in various parts of the UK) can all look at and discuss the same tender documents. This enables us to work on new Regulations, purchasers' requirements and on improving tender preparation using the technical skills and word count disciplines which currently feature in tender preparation. Courses can also be set up at short notice, and can relate to current live tender preparation. At the end of the session all documents used are emailed to the participants. As with all TfC courses, those delivered through this medium are CPD Certified .
- Over the past four years TfC has delivered an OCN Level 3 qualification in Tendering and procurement practice using telephone conferencing techniques. There are 72 graduates of this course;
- During 2012 we have delivered 32 courses online using remote working and telephone conferencing;
- In addition we have provided a series of 8 x 2 session courses for a national care provider who wanted 50 of their staff to be trained in tender preparation.
Participants have included:
- CEOs, company directors and charity trustees;
- Senior and junior managers in finance, HR, operations, business development;
- Groups of GPs and surgeons,
- Practice managers, health service administrators and allied health professionals;
- Procurement and contract managers, legal officers;
- Delegates at a conference participating in a specialist workshop which was delivered remotely online.
I really enjoyed the course, great to be able do it from home;
Excellent focussed and concentrated learning - the timing was just right;
I found the practical hints and tips very useful;
It was useful to see how background finacial checks are used;
I was unsure before the course as I had only been to face to face training previously, but found the format easy to follow, I was able to participate and found that I became more involved than I usually do on courses - thank you:
I found the whole course very valuable and easy to follow. The knowledge gained will be a huge benefit;
The course has been a tremendous benefit to our organisation and improved our success rate immeasurably - so I cannot thank you enough.
Typically the fee for a 2 session course for up to eight people is £900 + VAT. This includes all documentation and CPD certification for participants. However we are happy to discuss packages, tailored packages and bespoke courses.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements:
Tel. 01629 57501
Fax 01629 584972